Wednesday 10 March 2010

SuperGrace

I did manage to get my sorry hippo self to the gym yesterday and felt so much better for it.

Though I often anguish over the thought of going, the reality is quite different.

When I'm there, I connect with myself in a way that my arse doesn't realise that it's massive - and I could almost go on believing that if it weren't for those bloody mirrors!

At the end of the day (or the beginning, or the middle) my time at the gym is just that - MY TIME. When I'm there, I'm there for me and not obliged to do anything for anyone else.

My renewed enthusiasm had me dressed and ready to go out the door with a spring in my step, despite it being autumn (haha, okay - not so funny). Then the phone rang. It was Pat asking me to send some information to a guy that wanted to write an article about him. This would not have been such an inconvenience if our server had been working and I was able to access the files easily. The sense of urgency in Pat's voice, together with the challenge head, ignited an instant 'Grace to the rescue' reaction.

Working at lightening speed I wrote a quick bio and did some magic tricks to send hi res photos within the tight deadline. Then... that familiar feeling of hating myself started resurfacing (like a hippo coming up for air).

I was angry at myself running around doing other things instead of following my initial plan of exercising, shopping, post office'ing, blogging, eating and studying before heading out to my course tonight. BTW, did I tell you I'm doing a web design course...? more on that later.

Totally furious with myself, I turned to you - yes YOU, the person reading this blog. I thought that if you are taking time out of your life to read this, then I'd better give you something good.

So I came up with 'SuperGrace' (see pic).

SuperGrace can rescue her husband and herself in the same day - she can do it all, no need to choose! She slices, dices and comes with a free set of steak knives - and that's not all - she can dress up like Richard Simmons just to put a smile on your face (and hers).

Signing off now... it's to the gym I go!!!

Until tomorrow,

SuperGrace xx

ps. Thanks Garrie for your words of encouragement - so happy to have my feet!

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. I think you look fabulous with a blonde afro!

    I have the amazing "Body Trim" dvd's if you're keen to watch - the guy who started it is actually onto something...

    I would sooo hire you to give my website a facelift - well done on doing the course, as you have a great eye for design.

    Chat soon gorgeous

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace,

    Thank you for the invitation to share your journey. I have just read all of your posts. Good on you!!

    Reading your posts reminded me of that great DVD of Dan Millman's 'The Peaceful Warrior' if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. You are very welcome to come and visit and watch it here.

    Also have you read 'The Power of TED'? TED stands for The Empowerment Dynamic, it is a fascinating read from dis-empowerment to empowerment and again reading your posts reminded me of it.

    This is a fascinating journey you are on Grace, as you remember and recognize your true self and come into alignment, some agreements that you have made with others will change if they are out of integrity with you, however remember that every one benefits by you honoring and respecting you first.

    It would be lovely to catch up some time soon, let me know if you would love to.

    Love and Hugs to you.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're hysterical! And, as always, inspirational. Thanks Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls... it's so motivating to know there are a group of gorgeous women like you who are tuning in. Having you in my 'audience' makes me want to create great stories, which will ultimately equal great experiences in my life. I love you and am so grateful you are in my life.

    Big love, Grace xx

    ps. My apologies for the delayed response - I "lost" this particular post in cyberspace for a while - perhaps it took a cruise to Planet Krypton! Anyway, so happy to have found it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...