Wednesday 5 May 2010

When Shortcuts Become Detours

I spent the entire afternoon (and half the evening) distilling a ten minute, continuous, one-take video into a tolerable 3:15 minutes for YouTube.

What I learnt was:
  1. Slow down to go fast. As much as I like to appear candid and off the cuff, writing dot points will increase overall efficiency.

  2. Don't attempt to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Several takes will give me more to work with when things don't work.

  3. Go by the clock. Keeping an eye on the time will force me to keep it concise and to the point.

  4. Speak consciously. I could do with loosing a few 'ums' and 'ahs'.

  5. Practice, practice, practice. Makes perfect, perfect, perfect.

That's it. I have no more left to say for today - I'm spent.

Until tomorrow, try to avoid shortcuts as they just may be the longest detour you've ever encountered!

Grace xx

PS. Email subscribers, click here to see today's Wednesday Weigh-In



Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Grace! I was looking forward to your weigh in this week because I knew you would have success! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...