Wednesday 28 July 2010

Sleepathon


Oh my goodness, I don't think I've ever slept so much!

We returned to Paris on TGV to see the last day of Le Tour, which concluded on Sunday. I was prohibited to go on line yet again, though this time it was by obscene internet prices (9 Euro per hour).

Our last supper with the Adventure Travel NZ tour took place at the extraordinary Le Train Bleu restaurant - something you ought to put on your bucket list. AMAZING.

After bidding all our NZ guests farewell, we reunited with my former couching surfing host and now very good friend Adelia, who invited us to a picnic under a Parisian bridge.

After a belly full of delicious French fare and an ear full of guitar classics, we returned to Chez Adelia to sleep on her mega-couch. And sleep we did. It's just gone 10:30am and I'm still in my nightgown rubbing sleep out of my eyes.

I'm due to fly to KL tomorrow and then onto Singapore for a few days of recovery - and to dine on black pepper crabs (yum!). I toyed with the idea of visiting my relatives in Italy, however what I need more than anything right now is rest by a pool with a good book in my hands. I will build Italian family time into my next trip, which is already on the cards for next year (woohoo!).

Thanks for sticking with me through my media blackout and I hope to be back on track within a few days. At this point I ought to mention that I now have a computer blackout (the screen shuddered then went black - ouch!). I need to sort out what went wrong and how I can resolve it. In the meantime, I'm using Pat's laptop.

Until tomorrow, may you indulge in blackouts of the sleeping kind.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share


1 comment:

  1. Sleep update - arrived in Singapore and slept 18 hours in 24. I didn't even know that was possible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...