Monday 9 August 2010

Chillax!


I must confess that I'm not all that good at switching off completely.

My mind is always going tick tick tick and whenever I have a few moments to spare, I tend to find myself doing things that I've been meaning to do for ages.

Even here in sunny Penang, I have refrained from chilling out by the pool in favour of organising my life before I return home in a few days.

I am delighted to have processed over 200 emails that clogged up my inbox, organised my cluttered Twitter account and cleaned up my 50,000 Facebook messages and notifications (okay, maybe not 50,000 but it sure felt like it).

My washing is up to date and so are my administrations tasks. I have also finalised the itinerary brochure for our upcoming Bali tour and have commenced planning for my next major project that as you know, has something to do with India. It feels good.

However, on the down side, this constant brain activity is wearing me out and carving three very deep lines into my brow. I need to switch off and there's no better place to do it than here. So this morning I decided to finally chill out and relax by the pool, albeit for a mere two hours.

After a few leisurely laps I climbed onto the sun bed and heard the familiar tick tick tick start again. I heard myself saying "Chillax will you!" then chuckled. "Chillax? Did I just say Chillax? Who says that? Seriously, who says that?" I rolled over and dozed off.

So here I am relatively chillaxed (I still think that's one of the funniest words invented), though not completely (if I was, I wouldn't be writing this right now). Are you, or anyone you know, constantly on the mental go? What is the cure? How does one unwind? What is the secret to switching off the brain and attaining ultimate chillaxation? All tips welcome.

Until tomorrow, do your best to chillax even if you suck at it.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share



2 comments:

  1. Wow. Boy... do I hear you! I can't think straight there is so much going on in my head. So many exciting ideas I just don't know where to start. A good distraction is to read a couple of friendly blogs (like yours) for half an hour, then tackel 'stuff'. Thanks for the chillax. Love it. I wanna make it mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could make money just on my ideas alone I'd be a billionaire chillaxing on my own island in the Bahamas right now... though chillaxation in Penang on a shoestring is not so bad either ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...