Monday 2 August 2010

Manic Monday


Today was UTTERLY INSANE!

I did the unthinkable yesterday and booked a return flight to India without having secured a visa, which is what I had planned to do today.

To be honest, I didn't think it was a big gamble. This would be my fourth visit to India and I did not, for a second, think that I would have trouble attaining a visa.

Why would I? I have never once encountered any difficulties - that is, until today.

Turns out that there have been changes to Indian visa laws and those holding foreign passports can only apply from the country in which they reside.

Translation: "Madam you must go back to Australia and apply from there".

WHAT THE...?

Is that nuts or am I just crazy for thinking it so?

After my insane act of optimism, I am now left without a flight back to Australia till the end of August and I stand to loose a few rupees with my prematurely booked flight to India. Poop!

I've been trying to find solutions all day, but to no avail. The airline systems were down (worrying), my bookings cannot be traced online (I repeat, worrying) and quite frankly, I need a drink.

It's 1:42am here (okay, so technically it's Troublesome Tuesday) and I'm no closer to finding a solution. My flight to Australia is with Malaysian Airlines via Kuala Lumpur and I have an idea to:
a. Try my luck again at the Indian Consulate in KL.

b. Couch surf till I sort this pickle out.
Though right at this point in time, I ought to be choosing:
c. Go to bed and wake up with a fresh outlook on the situation... or a Valium.
Until tomorrow, remember that not everything appears to be what it once was.

Grace xx

PS. Why am I going to India? I virtually hear you ask... let's just say it has something to do with a new project I'm planning for 2011... it may even be called Project Patience at this rate.

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I hope you managed to settle your visa issue in KL....or you pray that Air Asia re-time the flight so that you have enought time to do your visa in KL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...