Friday 13 August 2010

My Lucky Number


Today is Friday the 13th. It is also my husband Patrick's birthday.

Up until meeting him, I believed 13 to be an unlucky number. Oh how wrong I was.

Patrick is more than my husband. He is my mentor, confidante, best friend, sidekick, travel buddy, counsellor, business partner and of course, my most desirable lover.

He is also my No.1 fan, so I know he'll be reading this (won't you?).

Patrick believed in me when I had lost all faith in myself. He reminds me of my greatness - who I was and who I want to be, which makes me who I am. He shines the light when all I see is darkness. He gives me strength, courage, confidence, balance and a fair share of belly laughs. Patrick is my hero, my love, my saving grace, my lucky number.

So today, on this birthday, I want to dedicate this post to the man behind the woman...

Thank you Patrick for noticing that I was miserable living a life that I thought I 'should' be living. Thank you for liberating me by supporting my transformation and self expression. Thank you for your endless encouragement as I create a life that is authentically me. Thank you.

Until tomorrow, take time to give thanks to your lucky number.

Grace xx

PS. This photo was taken in front of the world's most famous love monument, the Taj Mahal, in 2006. I thought it was appropriate for my personal monument of love.

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...