Friday 6 August 2010

Seeking Straight Answers


How hard can it be to cut a straight fringe?

Am I asking for something so completely revolutionary that no one has ever had the opportunity to practice it, thus producing obscenely rudimentary results?

I think not.

Now you might be forgiven for thinking "Grace, you had your hair cut in Malaysia and you have European hair - what did you expect?" But the truth of the matter is that a crooked fringe is something I get every single time I go to a hairdresser. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Despite constantly coaching the cutter to "be brave, it's okay to go short, it's only hair, it'll grow back, I've done this a dozen times, it's cool - go for it, I love my fringe short, go on, cut it straight across to the edges, straight across, no don't curve it, go straight, straight to the sides, straight... straight... straight..." I reach a point where I give up and say to myself "I'll fix it up when I get home."

I never ask for a discount for substandard results, I find it difficult to say what I really feel (it sucks, how can you let me go out like this?) and I walk out feeling bad... like I've been a 'difficult' customer.

The time has come for me to seek some straight answers and am asking you to look at the evidence above labelled 'Before' and tell me - do I have the right to be somewhat dissatisfied with the results? Am I being a little too picky in wanting a straight fringe? Should I obediently settle for the lopsided wavy look? Am I being pedantic?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
20 MINUTES LATER...

I could not wait for your answer. JUST COULD NOT. I ended up borrowing Joyce's very professional and sharp scissors to carry out the task and did what I always do after each hairdressing appointment - straighten my fringe.

Ah, that's better. I was going stir crazy. Now I'll upload the 'after' photo so you can judge for yourself.

Until tomorrow, don't always wait for answers when you know what's right for you.

Grace xx

ps. Don't you just love the background fish in the top photo? Looks like they're also evaluating my wavy fringe (click photo to enlarge) .

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...