Wednesday 1 September 2010

The 4th Grace


Today is my favourite day of the year.

The 1st of September marks the first day of spring here in Australia (though someone forgot to tell the weather gods about that today).

There's something about spring that is promising, despite the weather. The days will become longer, birds will sing and blossoms will spring. Out of all the seasons, spring is the most optimistic and for that I love it.

The first day of spring also marks the birthday of one of my gorgeous and dear friends. I have just finished cooking her a wholesome meal and am taking five (or twenty) to write this piece. So forgive me if it's brief.

As I looked about the place for an image that would grace this day's post, I noticed a painting hanging on the wall. As it turns out the title of the work is 'The Three Graces' which naturally begs the question, who's the fourth? (doesn't it?)

Not having to look further past my reflection in the mirror, the fourth Grace is indeed me. So I whipped off my shirt and after a few attempts at acting naturally nude, we agreed this photo was the more candid (of course it is). Interestingly, the photo was number 333 (half the devil's number - should I be scared?)

Okay, I'm rambling and trying to tie all of this together into a masterpiece - so here goes...

If each of the Graces depicted on the painting represents a season, then the fourth Grace (aka me) would have to be spring. Since starting Project Grace 2010, I have blossomed. I am wearing more colour than ever before (that is, when I'm actually wearing clothes - though the beads do give a good insight into shades of coral that can be found on my threads).

I feel like I'm coming out of a long dark winter. The days ahead are promising and there is a sense of optimism in the air... just like spring.

Until tomorrow, may there be a spring in your step no matter the weather.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo. Although I want ot say "show us your tits" I know that's naughty but it's just so beautiful and the first three Grace's are nude. You are even more beautiful and I can't help but feel that I want more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...