Friday 10 September 2010

Spot the Difference


Another mammoth day spring cleaning and I am completely exhausted.

My brain is too tired to come up with words and my eyes are too weary to notice spelling mistakes so I'm taking the easy way out...

I'm playing a game!

It's a time-honoured favourite called 'Spot the Difference'.

At first sight, you might be inclined to think that today's photo is the same as yesterday's, only there's something about it that you can't quite put your finger on it.

(It's a good thing you have 10 digits as that's how many you'll need to put on each of the differences)

I thought this bit of playful fun is quite apt after my bout of frenzied cleaning mania (which is still going I might add - at this rate I'll be cleaning till Christmas). To my eyes our kitchen looks completely different, however to someone who is not so intimate with the space, it just looks a little more sparkly.

Then I realised that this phenomenon doesn't stop at my freshly spruced up kitchen - it happens all the time. What about when you see someone for the first time after they've shaved off their moustache? changed their hairstyle? had cosmetic surgery? or acquired prescription eye wear? You just KNOW that there's something different about them, but you just can't pick it.

Equally, you don't notice when your cupboards start to bulge full of unwanted crap. You just know that you can no longer close your drawers, nor find your favourite serving spoons (which you later discover to be buried under 50kg (110 pounds) of useless utensils that you've never used in your entire adult life).

It's funny how our ability to spot differences is diminished when they're not side by side.

As much as I'd love to continue this conversation, my brain has just said "No more, we did a deal called Spot the Difference and you're about to breach it".

So with that, I bid you good night once more. Enjoy the game (answers in comments below) and I'm sure all this spring cleaning will amount to some incredible epiphany, which I'll be sure to share with you.

Until tomorrow, be observant and learn to spot differences - especially in cupboards, moods, behaviours and breasts.

Grace xx

If you a. love me, b. love my blog, c. love this post or d. all of the above - please SHARE
Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...